31 May 2009

FirstPreviousNext


And on the Sabbath day, he rested.

Where rest is defined as got in a round of disc golf. A very unsatisfying round. A very wet round.

Watching a disc fly off and make an unexpected slow arc towards the stream is a less-than-life-affirming feeling. Knowing the water is knee-deep while not knowing where extra discs can be purchased, or if they're still being produced, combine into knowing that I'll suffer wetleg until I can walk back home.

Slipping on a rock saved me from suffering wetleg. Instead I was treated to a full-body soaking.

Some people pay good money for this kind of entertainment.

Unpredictable disc flight is often due to wind. With summer coming on, the wind is usually a welcome companion otherwise. But of course, today we weren't on speaking terms, Mr. Wind and I.

As I approached my complex, dripping and cussing, I noticed my mailbox. Haven't checked it in days. Something was sticking out, unable to fit completely in the box.

My first issue of the PDGA member magazine had arrived.

FirstPreviousNext

1 comment:

4th Wall said...

Art doesn't necessarily mirror life. As opposed to the blog-dude, ~I~ worked from 10 am to 12:30 am, with an hour between the two jobs. Eugh.

That said, THINGS are in the works such that I might actually have days off during the week soon. As in, not working 7 days a week. As in, able to focus a bit more on this project.

Still working to attract new readers, so keep checking in! And if you are new, feel free to say hi on the comments!

--JWL