19 May 2009

FirstPreviousNext


My current daily schedule, adjusted for the following recent developments: unemployment, recent national chaos.

Wake up naturally around one-ish. PM. Amazing how much better your day starts out when it's not begun with a loud buzzer slamming you into consciousness. Check TV, web sites, cell phone to see what, if anything, is updating (still next to nothing). Listen to local news to see if they have any more idea what's happened nationally.

Shower, with shaving thrown in every other day. Well, to be honest, been 4 days since I last shaved...no real reason to look presentable, you know? Usually I skip breakfast; one, I'm rarely hungry after waking up, and two, I worry that saving food might prove to be smart over the next few days/weeks/months/who knows....

Half-hearted, easily-distracted attempts to piece together a current resume last for about an hour as I listen to whatever's on TV. Local news, for lack of anything new to report, has returned to 'normal' programming. Though I've noticed that it's all syndicated shows and re-runs. Nothing new has come on from current-running shows.

Eventually give up pretending I'll be looking for a job on that day; kill a couple of hours playing games or catching up on my reading, TV still on in the background just in case.

Quick lunch, ramen or cereal or whatever can be thrown together with minimal effort. Only really pay attention to one meal a day, and that's usually dinner.

If I'm feeling frisky, a nap happens now. Two hours if something new's come up recently in the news, sliding towards four hours the more days it's been since the last major update. I'm more of a night owl anyway, to be honest.

After the nap, work out a little bit. Nothing complicated. Some sit-ups, push-ups, just enough to get a quick sweat and not feel like a complete slacker. Maybe a jog outside if the weather's nice.

Quick rinse-off in the shower, then type here. After that is dinnertime, then open time. Maybe I feel guilty and try to find a job online. Maybe I feel lazy and just listen to the TV. Maybe I fall somewhere in between and see what's still available for perusing online. I feel bad going to sleep before accomplishing SOMETHING during the day, but motivation is hard to come by some nights. Still times where things are a bit hard to take in, a bit unnerving in their off-ness.

Or maybe those are just excuses now. Hard to tell.

Either way, eventually I give up on the day, and on productivity, and on consciousness, and I'm out for the next 10-12 hours.

FirstPreviousNext

No comments: