18 May 2009

FirstPreviousNext


Backdated from the 19th.

Power was out for most of the day today. Punctuation mark-less note posted on the door by the building supervisor warned that such was possible while crews installed a new security system. Apparently all in response to the earlier robbery.

Police talked with me the day before for a few, though they seemed to be going through the motions more than anything. Seemed they just wanted to verify I had, in fact, seen/heard nothing.

Around midday, was awakened by quick, efficient knocks at my door. Rapid, short, piercing. Almost reminded me what it was like to wake up to an alarm clock. Threw on some wrinkled clothes and let the crew in. Said they were just stringing some wires through my roof, sorry for the inconvenience. Kept pretty much to themselves.

After they left, I stepped outside and out of instinct waved to the new, prominent black box sitting above my doorway.

Reassuring, really.

FirstPreviousNext

No comments: