13 May 2009

FirstPreviousNext


Slept in today. Not that it matters really, I mean, what do I have to wake up for right now? If I'm going to be unemployed, might as well make the most of it. Plus, I think the 'realness' of the world kinda crashed in on me yesterday.

Is there anything that sleeping a little more WON'T fix?

Okay, I'll give you sleeping sickness. Moving on.

In another reassuring move, it was announced on the local news today that getting Internet and cell phone service back up and running would be one of the national government's top priorities in restoring the country's infrastructure. I jumped up and yelled in celebration, knocking my bowl of soup all over the room in the process.

Clam chowder cleanup did little to dampen the mood. The loss of precious calories, however, hurt a bit. I have to be more careful in dealing with good news.

President Lee, in a message released two days ago, claimed the importance of connecting people with loved ones as well as with information. Knowledge was the country's most precious weapon against the terrorists, and he wanted everyone to be able to see, first-hand, how our great country had not only weathered the worst that could be brought upon it, but would become stronger for it.

No timetable was given, but I can live with that. Just knowing that Things are still being Done gives me Hope. I can last with another week or two of craziness. Maybe this won't be a return to the way things were. That'd be a miracle, I'd guess. But being able to be in touch with everybody and everything takes a huge weight off everyone's shoulders.

I mean, it's KNOWING that a bad situation will come to an end that makes it tolerable. Hell, even enjoyable sometimes.

Maybe I'll try camping tonight?

Maybe I can forget about being jobless for a while.

FirstPreviousNext

No comments: