12 May 2009

FirstPreviousNext


Let's recap here. I think I'm losing it. Maybe I've lost it, maybe that's what's happened, just in my head, haha, funny joke on me, self. Good job, now lemme off this ride, time to go, park's closing, had enough, WANT OFF.

Okay. Lost my job, almost won the tournament. Lee won. That was the last sensible thing I can think of. Terror alert got raised, and for once it was for good reason. Then? All hell. Terrorist attacks, everywhere. Surgical. Wide-spread.

Crippling.

What the HELL has happened out there? Why wasn't it prevented, why isn't there more news coming out about this?

Succession was screwy, but the national government still seems to be functioning. Must be, otherwise wouldn't things be even crazier right now?

Or are they? Hell, I don't know, how can I know? It's the freaking Dark Ages here, I barely know what's going on in my own city, my own apartment complex!

But stores are still open, people are still going to work, police force is still out there and their power's still respected. Nobody has issued any statement claiming the defeat of our country.

That's a little comforting.

A LITTLE.

But it's days between reports. For all I know, there were more attacks today. Or yesterday. Or the day before, even! And my family, my friends, people I would have met in the years to come, what of them?

And this silence! I mean, what do I do? I rant and rave on here to try to come to terms with what's running through my head, but I'm drawing blanks here! Stream-of-consciousness, the last resort of the lost reporter?

But really, really...you know what's craziest about this? Ignore I'm typing to myself. You know what's the craziest part?

Things AREN'T crazier than they are. Where are the mass riots, the raping and pillaging, the looting and lawlessness? Why ARE people still going to work?

Is our government really that solid?

Or have I just not heard anything about it?

Idontknowidontknowidontknowidontknowidontknowidontknowidontknowidontknowidontknow

I need to get out. I need to download some TV shows. I need to listen to a hockey playoff game online (Christ, are they still playing? How could they be?). I need to browse online dating sites and wonder why my inbox is still empty. I need to

wonder why no good jobs are available on craigslist.

I need to sleep again.

And I need money. Had to buy gas when I went to visit my friend yesterday, and that took a chunk. But I filled up anyway, because it's likely to get worse before it gets better. Calculated risk.

How far can you stretch a bag of ramen, I wonder.

FirstPreviousNext

No comments: