09 June 2009

FirstPreviousNext


Hey you remember when bananas were 69 cents/lb.?

Hey you remember when you could still BUY bananas?

Man I miss me some bananas.

One could say I'm going...

...hungry every morning. Because I eat...ate them for breakfast. You know. Back then.

See bet you thought I was going to make a bad joke. But I didn't. And yet...is that in itself a bad joke?

Deep thoughts.

So guess whose job it is to put a positive spin on this nationally-imposed curfew? Yeah. I mean, I have to hand it to whoever it was that gave the job specifics: they made sure to clarify that the project was more than just informing the populace. "Subtle and unique methods of encouraging cooperation are sought," Cam relayed.

"In other words, another serving of our usual."

Which makes sense. People are more cooperative when they think they're doing something they want to do. Just ask any parent.

We're competing with several other PSA groups nation-wide, though Mr. Welsh has been hinting that we'll be given first-glance until and unless we start to slip. Which is reassuring, because I'm enjoying this.

It's a pretty neat little mental exercise. First, I have to find a way to convince myself that whatever I'm making the public aware of is something I firmly believe is a good idea. I mean, in general I have no major gripes with the policies...may not like them, but I can see the good and potential necessity in them.

Anyway, convince myself that it's not just a necessary evil, but a downright brilliant idea. Then I write out whatever arguments I used. Bounce them around the +. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I don't wanna reveal too much about what we've come up yet for the curfew, but progress is being made. Elle seems to be having a little trouble with this one though. "Too much a night owl, guys," she apologizes.

I sympathize. You only have to look at the timestamps to see why. I'm usually not asleep for a good 2-3 hours after writing. But by now I'm used to being home in time to get these entries down around the time the curfew would kick in anyway.

Least there was a full moon to enjoy last night.

FirstPreviousNext

2 comments:

AnthonyLucatelli said...

Nice use of the time stamp on that one. Adds another level of believability to the whole thing.

Again, I'm impressed.

4th Wall said...

Glad you're enjoying it!