1 July 2009

FirstPreviousNext


Been lost in my own little world lately. Work's still going, but we're all kinda focused on smaller, local projects. Remember Trash Wednesday. Casual Friday is not Clothesless Friday. Cam's favorite, The Homeless are not Helpless.

Little things.

Elle's been on a bit of a green kick, both in terms of hair and projects. Chris has been hiding off in the audio recording room, coming out only to try unsuccessfully to get us out of our shells and into The After.

I think we're all a little bit pissed we weren't chosen to do anything for the upcoming July 4 celebrations. "We're going in a different direction," they said. "Need a change in tone for these," they said. Hmpf.

But I'm back up...only, don't know how many people can read this now. This SubNet business...man, Andy could explain it a few hundred times better than I could. They have the feel of an ISP, but...more elite. Highly technophilic, more elitist, more secret-clubbish.

I got back in touch with Mr. (call-me-Matt) Leethen, who sent me instructions and tossed around words and phrases like 'extended intranet,' 'proxies proxies proxies,' 'hypertext stylesheets,' etc.

Don't understand how with all this security I still keep getting spam from the TinFoil Hat Brigade like I shared earlier. Seems to get around all the blocks too. Matt says they're still working out some of the kinks. And kooks.

He also warned that with these kinks (and kooks) there's still a lot of instability in the setup. "If there's a problem, down we go. We'll get it back up a.s.a.p., but one can never be too careful, am I right?" as he said.

Dunno if you've noticed but this is all a little confusing. Is to me anyway. Wanted to use this as a backup on the hope that the main site would get back up. Hasn't yet. I can't access it, Andy can't, haven't heard from anyone else who can. Guess this becomes the main site then. Just hope that nobody who was reading the last is excluded now. I'll have to talk to Matt about that.

FirstPreviousNext

No comments: